This is Not America…Hallelujah
Godfrey Johnson and Nicholas McDiarmid
Asked by Social Media Maven, the mysterious (and owl-prone) Wenchy (https://thenocturnalwenchy.com/) to share a whopping 30 things for which I am grateful, I gratefuly obliged. Below is that list:
1. Nicholas McDiarmid: An exceptional partner and artist.
2. Carynne Johnson: My beautiful sister who fills the world with light and kindness.
3. Pieter- Dirk Uys: Our most important icon who reminds us that laughter and generosity of spirit can make the world a better place.
4. The Piano: For saving my life in times of profound sadness.
5. Coffee: For waking me up and making me go-go.
6. Theatre: For educating.
7. My legs: Walking is the best therapy.
8. Pugs: They are hilarious, kind and intelligent.
9. TV Series: The best way to get lost in other worlds without feeling guilty.
10. My Glasses: They stop me from walking into poles and talking to trees.
11. Trees: The best company imaginable.
12. Stationary: An addiction I cannot control.
13. Cinema: Getting lost in other worlds on a grand scale.
14. Orchestras: If only governments could play as beautifully and as articulately.
15. Children: Children are honest and wise.
16. Water: The most soothing drink before a performance.
17. Art: Allows one to focus on someone else’s interpretation of life.
18. Friends: For being who they are.
19. Potatoes: A grounding and versatile food.
20. Stage Managers: For being ones other brain.
21. History: We need to understand history in order to create a responsible future.
22. Theatre Owners: For keeping me employed.
23. Wasabi: It makes me giggle.
24. The Ocean: Mysterious and overwhelming.
25. Music: It is my oxygen.
26. Composers: Psychologists trained by the Angels.
27. An empty stage before a show: A sacred place full of possibility.
28. Coffee Shops: The perfect place to observe and write.
29. Bedside Tables: A great place to store books.
30. Trains: I was a train driver in a previous life.